The delightfully whimsical creations of Entangled Puppetry engage community in exciting new and traditional ways. In an art form where the boundaries are as limitless as our imaginations, there are no right or wrong answers, only wildly creative alternatives. Come play!

2011-03-10

La Cenerentola: Il Filosofo

Cenerentola:


Once upon a time there was a king,
Who was alone,
Who was bored of being alone;
So he searched and found three ladies,
But all three wanted to marry him -
     So what did he do?
He scorns pomp and beauty,
And in the end, he chose for himself:
Innocence and goodness.




Clorinda & Tisbe:
(Amidst their own cacophonous laughter)
What a lark!  
Royalty would never choose innocence...
over pomp and beauty!

Tisbe:
What IS a pomp anyways?

Cenerentola:
I think it's the name of my hairdo...

*Knock Knock*

Just then, there is a knock at the door.  The girls rush to see who might be visiting and find...



Alidoro:
Excuse me fine ladies,
I am sorry to trouble you, but I am just a lowly beggar.
Would it be to much trouble to ask for some coffee or bread?

Tisbe:
Humph!  A beggar?  
SEND HIM AWAY AT ONCE, CENERENTOLA!

Alidoro:
I am so sorry to have disturbed you...

The beggar turns to leave as the two sisters go back to fawning over themselves.

Cenerentola:
(Whispering)  
No, no, come back!
My sisters would give me a firm beating if they know,
But I will fetch you something wait here.

Fetching some coffee and bread from the hearth, Cenerentola sneaks it over to the beggar at the door when all are stopped by the sound of...

*Doo-doo-doooo!*

Tutti:
(All in unison)
The Royal Flourish!

No comments: